After 6 weeks of online voting the 4th annual “Best Harbor in the U.S.” contest has been decided! Over 2,500 people voted for their favorite harbors, and by popular vote the following harbors claimed this year's title as the "Best Harbors" in the US:
- 2022 Grand Winner -- Padanaram, Massachusetts (2019 Grand Winner) - "Small, not crowded, great food, great views, awesome birds.", Ben H.
- Gulf Coast Regional Winner -- Fort Myers, Florida - "I have never met a more welcoming group of people. On C dock there are nightly docktails where you discuss the days events with 4-40 of your neighbors! Walking distance to many great restaurants and grocery. A wonderful place to stay!", Vicki F.
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Winner -- Gowanus Bay, NY -- "Gowanus Bay is a fantastic intersection of maritime commerce, municipal facilities, industry, nature, and recreational paddling." Captain Brad V.
- Great Lakes Regional Winner --- Charlevoix, Michigan (2021 Grand Winner) - "This beautiful little harbor is a Gate way to both Lake Michigan and Lake Charlevoix. It has all the amenities you could need.", Julie S.
- Pacific Regional Winner -- Depoe Bay, OR (2020 Grand Winner) -- Best things include "US Coast Guard Motor Lifeboat Station (Hole in the Wall), world’s smallest navigable harbor and I’m told the largest charter fishing fleet, whale watching capital of the Oregon coast. I love living here!", Karen A.
- Southeast Regional Winner -- Hilton Head Island, South Carolina - "Views are fantastic!", Toni L.
A live, online Awards Ceremony will take place on Tuesday, June 14 at 2pm EST. The public is invited. More information at: https://usharbors.com/best-harbor-2022