Duck Dynasty, Boats, RVs and Summer Fun in January
Progressive Insurance Chicago Boat, Sports & RV Show Cruises into McCormick Place, January 16-20
CHICAGO (December 11, 2013) – The 2014 Progressive Insurance® Chicago Boat, Sports & RV Show® transforms McCormick Place into an outdoors enthusiast and boater’s paradise January 16-20 over the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday weekend. The annual show not only offers the best deals on hundreds of boats and RVs, it also gives attendees a chance to escape the Midwest freeze and enjoy the great outdoors, indoors.
Whether it’s climbing aboard a life size pirate ship, trying paddlesports on an indoor mini-lake or learning about one-tank RV trips from Chicago, there’s something for everyone to enjoy and start thinking about the warm summer days ahead.
Here are the reasons to ring in 2014 at the Progressive Insurance Chicago Boat, Sports & RV Show:
10. Duck Royalty – Meet John Godwin from the hit A&E television show, Duck Dynasty. John is meeting and greeting fans on Sunday, January 19 from 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
9. Get Active on the Water – Experience all the fun and fitness benefits of kayaking or Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP) at the PaddleFest pool. Industry experts will be on hand to answer questions, teach technique and new trends from SUP yoga and racing to inflatable kayaks.
8. Dive Into Scuba, Indoors – Explore the world of scuba diving at the heated “Be a Diver Pool.” Anyone ages 10 and older can learn from diving experts, plus get a picture taken underwater as a keepsake. Wetsuits, equipment and changing rooms provided.
7. Walk the Plank– Climb aboard a life size pirate ship – the Gypsy Rose III. Meet Captain Tim and his pirate scallywag crew, dress up in pirate gear, sing pirate tunes and even fire a cannon.
6. Learn the Ropes of Boating – Visit Discover Boating’s Welcome to the Water Center for hands-on learning and seminars for all levels of experience from the Annapolis School of Seamanship. See seminar schedule here. Also, check out a display of boats that can be financed for about $250 per month or less.
5. Walk on Water – Don’t miss Rockin’, Rollin’ Bubbles, the latest craze in water walking sports. Act like a crazy hamster or pretend it’s a log rolling competition, all while inside large inflatable rollers on a pool.
4. Become the sharpest tool in the Shed – DIY sessions at Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center teach visitors everything they need to know about engine maintenance and repair. See schedule here.
3. Go RV’ing – Looking to hit the road in an RV? Don’t miss an array of seminars at the RV Pavilion Stage for every level of experience from motorhome 101 to cool RV tools and gadgets. Plus, learn about easy one-tank trips from Chicago presented by the Illinois Department of Natural Resources. See schedule here.
2. Beat Cabin Fever with the Kids – Get the little ones out of the house and cast a line at the Huck Finn Trout Pond, stare in awe at Miss GEICO, an 11,000-pound, 50ft. racing boat, and meet SpongeBob SquarePants on Saturday (1/18) or Sunday (1/19) from 12-4 p.m.
1. Historic Boats– Get up close and personal with American classics at the Antique and Classic Boat Display. An array of vintage boats are sure to grab attention and offer a nostalgic look back in time.
For more information and feature highlights visit, ChicagoBoatShow.com.
When: Thursday through Monday (Martin Luther King Day), January 16-20, 2014
Thursday, January 16: 12 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Friday, January 17: 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday, January 18: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday, January 19: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday, January 20: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Where: McCormick Place – North Building
2301 S. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60616
Admission: $12 – Adults (16 years & older)
FREE – Children (15 years & under)
Web: For more information and to pre-shop the show, visit ChicagoBoatShow.com. Be a part of the conversation – become a fan on Facebook and follow the show on Twitter, at its new handle @ChiBoatShow.
Editors’ Note: Visit ChicagoBoatShow.com to sign-up for a press badge or contact Colleen Richardson at
312.946.6201 or email@example.com for press materials, photos and interviews.
# # #
Media Contact: Colleen Richardson (NMMA) - 312.946.6201 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Progressive Insurance Chicago Boat, Sports & RV Show: The Progressive Insurance Chicago Boat, Sports & RV Show is produced by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), the world’s largest producer of boat shows and the leading association representing the recreational boating industry. NMMA member companies produce more than 80 percent of the boats, engines, trailers, accessories and gear used by boaters and anglers throughout the U.S. and Canada. The association is dedicated to industry growth through programs in public policy advocacy, market statistics and research, product quality assurance and promotion of the boating lifestyle. For more information, visit www.nmma.org.
About Progressive: The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies makes it easy to understand, buy and use auto insurance. Progressive offers choices so consumers can reach it whenever, wherever and however it’s most convenient—online at progressive.com, by phone at 1-800-PROGRESSIVE, on a mobile device or in-person with a local agent.
Progressive also offers insurance for personal and commercial autos and trucks, motorcycles, boats, recreational vehicles, as well as home insurance through select carriers. It’s the fourth largest auto insurer in the country, the largest seller ofmotorcycle insurance and a leader in commercial auto insurance. Progressive also offers car insurance online in Australia at http://www.progressiveonline.com.au.
Founded in 1937, Progressive continues its long history of offering shopping tools and services that save customers time and money, like Name Your Price®, Snapshot® and Service Centers.
The Common Shares of The Progressive Corporation, the Mayfield Village, Ohio-based holding company, trade publicly at NYSE:PGR.
Contact: To learn more about Progressive Boat Insurance, which insures more than one million watercraft, contact Erin Vrobel at Erin_L_Vrobel@Progressive.com, (440) 395-0179.